Wednesday, May 25, 2011

109 Green Ave East
Penticton, British Columbia
V2A 1Q2

May 25, 2011

Mr.Kleats
Soccer Coach
Central High School 123 Main Street
Sportstown, British Columbia,
V2A 1W3

Dear Mr. Kleats:

First off I would like to thank you for volunteering your own time to help coach my daughter, Veronica's, School Soccer team. I realize that it takes a significant amount of time out of your own schedule to coach the girls. I do have some concerns to address with you on your coaching styles.

When a practice is scheduled to begin at 3:30pm and all the players are out on the field and ready by that time, it is expected that the coach is also there at that time to supervise the girls' practice. The days that you do attend on time, the practices are usually disorganized and lack a the guidance that is need for coaching this age group. I realize you may have errands and other personal issues to attend too before practice but I would recommend doing them earlier in the day to insure you arrive as planned to the practices.

I have attended all my daughter's games except for one, and during these games I noticed that you are not giving all the players equal playing time. I'm not sure if this is due to attendance or playing skill, but since this is a little league I think it is more important that all the girls get time on the field. And I have noticed your vocal style of coaching from the sidelines, while I'm sure you need to raise your voice a little to make your presence known over the entanglement of girls on the field, I would think that toning it down a bit would create a more stress free game. Veronica often tells me that "winning isn't the best thing, it's the only thing", which she says you tell the team during practices and games. Winning is a good thing, but the learning experience and having fun should be emphasized more.

Sincerely,

JORDAN JANZ

1 comment:

  1. 2 of 3 assignments complete. Very good detail in your satirical essay. Letter has a pretty good tone of diplomacy - ask for a reply. Overall, writing is quite polished, only a few minor mechanical errors.

    ReplyDelete